Schwinn is one of the popular brands for indoor bikes, with most of their products usually not getting below 3 out of 5 stars rating on Amazon.
Their 140 Upright Exercise Bike has pretty much the same features you would expect on bikes within its price range.
Among the machine’s many features are 16 resistance levels, display readout for distance switchable from miles to kilometers, water bottle holder, and convenient transport wheels.
The Schwinn 140 Upright Exercise Bike measures 42 inches in length, 21 in width, and 52 in height.
It has a 20-pound flywheel and can hold a user maximum weight of 300 pounds.
The machine currently sells for $299, with a manufacturer warranty of 10 years for frame, 3 months for wear parts, and 1 year for electronic parts.
1. Most users report that assembling the Schwinn 140 Upright Exercise Bike is quite easy because all the tools you’ll need comes with the purchased unit. One user said that the actual assembly can be done in half an hour or so.
2. The 16 resistance levels are effective in maintaining and increasing the intensity of your cardio workout. Shifting between different tension levels is also smooth and quiet.
3. Almost all users who posted reviews about the machine’s operation say that the Schwinn 140 Upright Exercise Bike is one of the quietest indoor bikes you will find out there.
1. Many complained about the minor inconvenience of the water bottle holder being too small to actually hold water bottles.
The size and its position under the console are not helpful.
2. A common complaint on some indoor cycles by Schwinn is how the print on the assembly and user manual is too small, which makes it hard to read and understand.
Even the pictures and diagrams shown are too small.
3. The pedal straps are not that effective in keeping the feet in place when pedaling.
One user reported she ended up using the bike barefoot because her feet kept slipping when she used the machine.
4. Programming user information into the console is confusing, and takes a LOT of button-pressing.
Several users also said that general navigation on the console is also not that easy.
5. Several users, mostly women, complained that the seat was a bit too big.
Some users also said that if you’re a close to, or over 6 feet, your legs would be at an uncomfortable angle because the legs reach the handlebars quite easily.
Schwinn remains as one of the most popular and trusted brands when it comes to indoor bikes, and the 140 Upright Exercise Bike is able to show users why.
The design is not 100% perfect, with some people having problems with the seat, console user interface and navigation, and a bunch of other little things.
But despite all that, the reviews show that this machine is indeed a sturdy and quality bike that will let you get a good workout at an affordable price.